There are probably thousands of fun, exciting, exhilarating things you can do in Tel Aviv, Israel. But for me there are ten that immediately come to mind. Here they are:
Things to do in Israel
1. Swim at the Tel Aviv Beach. Cool waters of Mediterranean freshens my mind and body.
2. Swim at The Dead Sea. Take advantage of the medicinal properties that the waters at the sea supposedly possesses. Just don’t dive – at all cost.
3. Tour the Old Jaffa Port – Travel to Tel Aviv is not complete without discovering all the amazing things that this 3,000 year old port, the oldest existing one, actually has to offer.
4. Eat Palafel – I always load myself of this ping-pong-ball-shaped goodie whenever I go to Sheinken St. A few block upon crossing Allenby Street, there is a small falafel food shop amidst a multitude of stores that sell inexpensive clothing, bags, and jeans. Not the best falafel store in Tel aviv; but hey…it’s certainly a great fill for only 12 shekkels!
5. Eat Shawarma – The one along Eilat Street is, in my opinion, the best shawarma parlor in Yafo. Delicious turkey shawarma with loads of green jalapenos for only 25 (or 27?) NIS.
6. Shop at Castro in Clock Tower in Jaffa – best brand of casual wear in Israel.
7. Send post card at the Post office in Shalom Towers near Allenby. While there, check out the fantastic murals displayed at the ground floor of one of the tallest buildings in the city (once tallest in the whole of the Middle East).
8. Eat Dr. ShakShuka – This is a deliciously-hot, mouth watering concoction of tomatoes, spices, egg served in a shallow pan. Best eaten with pita.
9. Shop at Pishpeshim – After eating at Shakshuka, I surely have all the energy to roam Shuk HaPishpeshim, and scour for some used yet valuable goodies.
10 Watch Mediterranean sunset – Breathtaking and awe-inspiring. Tel Aviv sunset, I must say, is one of the best sunsets in the world.
Definitely an incomplete list since there are lots of other fun things to do in Israel. Well, this is my list – my first one. What’s yours?